Creamy Truffle Fettuccine
Updated: Jan 19
I am a huge sucker for truffle. Who isn't! It just has this luxurious taste that even makes you feel expensive when you eat it. I just find it fascinating that people have to hunt for truffles with special pigs in random forests. Probably why it's so costly.
So, in this recipe I managed to find a pot of truffle that cost about £10 from Selfridges. Next to this 10 quid pot of truffle was another pot of equal size, but a different brand. Guess how much that one cost though... £150. Madness. You can actually buy truffle online or in some supermarket stores.
If you love creamy pasta and you love truffle then definitely have a go at this recipe and let me know your thoughts!
Ingredients (serves 4):
400g fettuccine (fresh is always better)
20g fresh truffle (click here to buy)
200g button mushrooms
20g of butter
4 tbsp of truffle oil
70g of parmesan
300ml white wine
For the truffle cream:
1) Melt the butter in a pan with the truffle oil.
2) Add the shallots and mushrooms, as well as half of the fresh truffle.
3) Once a bit brown, add the white wine and continue to stir so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
For the pasta:
1) In another pan, cook the fettuccine pasta until al dente in boiling water (save some cooking water).
2) Combine the mascarpone with the truffle cream and heat gently.
3) Add the pasta and parmesan, as well as some cooking water saved from the pasta.
4) Serve up with more parmesan, black pepper and the rest of the truffle, you can grate this with a vegetable peeler.